Turrican II - The Final Fight - AGA
A downloadable game
v1.1 now available!
This is a free and unofficial remake of the PC-DOS version of Turrican 2 for the Amiga. Not associated with Factor 5 in any way. Not to be sold.
|The best way to play the PC version of Turrican 2 is on an Amiga!|
- 50/60hz action. All worlds. All enemies. All bosses.
- Reprogrammed from scratch.
- Full use of AGA enhanced 24 bit / 256 colour modes.
- The original games glorious music and sound effects.
- Support for 2 button joysticks, CD32 joypads and user definable controls.
- Two additional difficulty modes, and three additional gameplay modes.
- Built-in trainer mode.
- Option to replace the DOS character sprite with the Amiga version.
- Option to look down to see blind jumps.
- Optional Gyro Jump controls enhancement.
- Restored parallax to Worlds 2-1, 2-2, 3-2 and 4-1 (missing in the DOS version).
- Restored animated cogs from World 4.
- Restored waterfall and underwater effects from World 1.
- Restored background scrolling in Worlds 3-2 and 3-3 boss fights.
- Music improvements (channels no longer cut out when multiple sound effects play).
- Hiscores and options are saved (WHDLoad and A500 Mini versions).
- Enhanced secrets. Find hidden drones and follow them. Find all 24 for a special gameplay unlock.
- An AGA Amiga (A1200/A4000/CD32) or emulator.
- 2MB of Fast RAM (floppy version)
- 8MB of Fast RAM (recommended for WHDLoad version)
- 4MB of Fast RAM (CD32 ISO version)
- Or an A500 Mini
PAL runs at 50fps, NTSC at 60fps. As with the original, the PAL version is the intended experience. NTSC versions run slightly faster and are more prone to slow downs during heavy action, but is still quite playable.
When reporting issues, please accurately describe the system you are using!
This game has been tested on a range of real and emulated Amigas. The majority of reported problems have been related to emulation not being completely accurate . Update your emulators to the latest version, and for FPGA machines, ensure you are have the latest core update.
See the community discussion board or included ReadMe.txt file for more information about running on the A500 Mini.